What is a Traineeship
What is a Traineeship?
A traineeship is a structured training and employment program that offers trainees the opportunity to train on and/or off-the-job, work and earn money in a (non-trade) area of interest.
Traineeships are usually for a nominal duration of twelve months or more and can be available on a part-time or full-time basis. On completion of a traineeship, trainees receive a nationally recognised certificate qualification.
A Traineeship is usually for a nominal period of 12 months if full time or 18 months if part time. Depending on the progress of the trainee, the Traineeship can be completed in 6 months (full time) or 9 months (part time).
Trainees will need to possess the following qualities to succeed in your chosen field:
- Show a genuine interest and initiative in the field of work
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to work and be fit enough to conduct the tasks required of the job
- Not already hold a qualification that precludes participation in a Traineeship
How a Traineeship Will Benefit You
HTA traineeships offer you:
- Continuous paid work and job security
- Training towards Nationally Recognised Certificate qualification
- Flexible full or part-time employment
- Regular support and feedback as to how you are performing
- Industry experience and the opportunity for ongoing employment following completion of the Traineeship